So many people rush to their doctor or pharmacy to get a flu shot when “flu season” begins. They see campaigns on billboards and television commercials advising them to do so. The propaganda states that one will be “protected” from this virus thereby protecting themselves from poor health and the inconvenience of this disease if they do so. Sounds pretty good, right? But, is this really true? Have you ever taken the time to look at the facts and statistics regarding the effectiveness and the risks of this practice? Perhaps it’s time you did.....
First of all, the flu vaccine is largely ineffective at best.
Yes, that’s right, I said it! But the fact is, there are well over 300 strains of the flu virus (which are easily mutated to become different forms), and the vaccines you may routinely take to “ward off the flu” are manufactured BEFORE the flu epidemics break out. The scientists attempt to predict which 2 or 3 of these viruses will be prevalent during any given year and then manufacture a vaccine in large quantities based on their guess. The truth is, no one knows which virus will predominate until the flu outbreak appears. There is no recalling of the vaccines if the scientists have guessed wrong. Because of this fact alone, there is only a 1.5% chance that you will actually receive a vaccination that contains a strain of the current flu virus. This means that there is a 98.5% chance that you will NOT be protected from the current flu! Not great odds!
Secondly, adverse reactions to the vaccines are grossly under-reported.
If you go to the CDC Vaccine reporting System website (http://vaers.hhs.gov.index), you will see that in the year 2011 alone over 51 deaths were caused by the flu vaccine; there were 232 life threatening events; 116 permanent disabilities; 739 hospitalizations – 109 of them prolonged; 4,039 ER visits, and 6,221 “non-serious” reports. All of this from getting the flu vaccine! The incidence of death or disability from actually getting the flu is much lower than this.....
Aside from this, there is a risk of side effects from the inoculation itself (whether the scientists manage to guess the right strain or not)
The CDC warns:
· soreness, redness, or swelling where the shot was given
· hoarseness; sore, red or itchy eyes; cough
If these problems occur, they usually begin soon after the shot and last 1-2 days.
· Young children who get inactivated flu vaccine and pneumococcal vaccine (PCV13) at the same time appear to be at increased risk for seizures caused by fever. Ask your doctor for more information.
· Tell your doctor if a child who is getting flu vaccine has ever had a seizure.
· Life-threatening allergic reactions from vaccines are very rare. If they do occur, it is usually within a few minutes to a few hours after the shot.
· In 1976, a type of inactivated influenza (swine flu) vaccine was associated with Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS). Since then, flu vaccines have not been clearly linked to GBS. However, if there is a risk of GBS from current flu vaccines, it would be no more than 1 or 2 cases per million people vaccinated. This is much lower than the risk of severe influenza, which can be prevented by vaccination.
Also, there are many very toxic substances that are contained in the flu shot along with the virus (“dead” or “attenuated”) itself.
The CDC publishes a list of the ingredients commonly found in the vaccinations used in the United States. Below is a list of some of the many commonly used and their potential side effects:
· 2-Phenoxyethanol is an anti-bacterial agent being used as a replacement for the preservative Thimerosal (mercury). It’s considered a very toxic material that could cause a boatload of side effects, including behavioral disorders … vomiting … diarrhea … visual disturbances … convulsions … rapid heart rate … central nervous system disorders … depression … kidney, liver and blood disorders … and reproductive defects.
· Aluminum shows up in vaccines in many forms – like aluminum phosphate, aluminum hydroxy phosphate sulfate and aluminum hydroxide, to name a few. It works as an “adjuvant” to stimulate your immune system’s response to the virus in the vaccine. The problem is … aluminum is a particularly dangerous neurotoxin. It has the ability to slip past your body’s natural defenses and enter your brain – potentially causing brain damage … Alzheimer’s disease … dementia … convulsions … and coma. Human and animal studies have shown that aluminum can even cause nerve death.
· Ammonium Sulfate is a substance commonly added to pesticides. It’s not known at this time if it’s cancer-causing, but it has been suspected of gastrointestinal, liver, nervous system and respiratory system toxicity.
· Beta-Propiolactone ranks high as a hazardous chemical on at least five federal regulatory lists. It caused lymphomas and hepatomas after being injected into lab mice, but its true effect on humans is not known. Due to animal study results, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified beta-propiolactone as a possible human carcinogen.
· Formaldehyde is used as a preservative to stabilize the vaccine. It’s a colorless, flammable, strong-smelling chemical that’s mostly used in industry to manufacture building materials and produce many household products. Plus, it’s also used to embalm – and preserve – dead bodies. Formaldehyde is suspected of weakening the immune system and causing neurological system damage … genetic damage … metabolic acidosis (excessive blood acidity) … circulatory shock … respiratory insufficiency … and acute renal (kidney) failure. It’s been classified as a known human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance) by IARC and is ranked as one of the most hazardous compounds on at least eight federal regulatory lists.
· Formalin helps preserve the vaccine. It’s a mixture of formaldehyde, methanol and water. It’s mostly used to preserve tissue samples in health care laboratories and presents the same danger to your health as formaldehyde does.
· Gentamicin Sulfate is an antibiotic that’s been known to cause deafness or loss of equilibrioception (sense of balance). It can also be highly nephrotoxic (damage your kidneys) if multiple doses accumulate over time.
· Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) excites and poisons your cells and tissues. It’s used as a stabilizer in vaccines and is also found in many processed foods. MSG has been shown to cause retinal degeneration … behavior disorders … learning disabilities … reproductive disorders … obesity … and even lesions on the brains of lab animals. Allergic reactions to MSG can be severe.
· MRC-5 Cellular Protein is human diploid cells taken from aborted human fetuses. They’re used as a culture to grow the virus.
· Neomycin is an antibiotic that has been shown to have multiple effects on your body. It can be a neurotoxin and an ototoxin (affect hearing and balance). It also can cause respiratory paralysis, kidney damage and kidney failure. Plus, it retards your vitamin B6 absorption, sometimes leading to mental retardation and epilepsy. Some allergic reactions to neomycin can be life threatening.
· Octoxinol-9 is a vaginal spermicide.
· Phenol is included in vaccines to help stimulate immune response. Instead, it does the opposite – by inhibiting phagocytic activity. Phagocytes are your body’s first line of defense. They engulf and digest antigens and activate the other elements of your immune system. Phenol’s phagocytic-inhibiting effect actually hinders your immune system from properly dealing with the pathogens that are entering your body through the vaccine.
· Phenol is used in the production of drugs, weed killers and synthetic resins. It’s considered to be toxic to your cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, nervous, reproductive and respiratory systems … your liver … your kidneys … and your skin.
· Polymyxin B is an antibiotic with some nasty side effects – neurotoxicity and acute renal tubular necrosis (the most common cause of kidney failure).
· Polysorbate 80 (Tween-80) works as a stabilizer in the vaccine. It’s used in a wide variety of products including ice cream, milk products, vitamin tablets, lotions and creams and medical products like vaccines and anti-cancer medications. But it’s not as safe as it sounds. According to the December 2005 issue of Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, polysorbate 80 can affect your immune system and cause severe anaphylactic shock, which can kill. It also causes cancer in animals.
· Streptomycin is an antibiotic. Its main side effect is ototoxicity – the loss of hearing.
· Thimerosal is used as a preservative in the vaccine. It contains 49.6% mercury by weight and has been implicated in many health conditions, such as cardiovascular disease … autism … seizures … mental retardation … hyperactivity … dyslexia … and many more nervous system conditions. The mercury used in vaccines is second in toxicity only to the radioactive substance, Uranium. It’s a powerful neurotoxin that can damage the entire nervous system of an infant in no time.
Plus, the inclusion of aluminum and even formaldehyde with the mercury in the vaccine magnifies the problem. Aluminum can make the mercury 100 times more toxic. Toss in formaldehyde as well, and one independent study found that mercury toxicity was increased by 1,000 times.
I think I’d rather take my chances at getting the flu and let my body handle its own immune defenses!